With Minnesota yoga studios and gyms restricted to only 25% capacity, it’s not easy to return to your regular in-person routine. Moreover, with infection rates increasing across the country, a return to lockdown is a potential reality. It’s safe to say the pandemic has made staying physically active tougher. It’s even more difficult if your family has been stuck at home for months. If you want to get your family off of the couch and moving more, you’re going to need some creativity to motivate them. Whether it’s at home or outside, you can all stay fit and healthy with these creative and family-friendly workouts.
You Can Do Yoga With Your Family
Some at-home yoga could be the perfect solution to burn off extra energy.
- Prepare a practice space in your home; a rubber floor can provide extra cushion.
- Add some relaxing touches to your yoga space, like essential oils or plants.
- Consider tools to enhance your personal workout results.
- Sign up for virtual yoga sessions with Urban Yoga MN.
- Check out family-friendly online classes for tips and pointers on poses.
- Don’t be afraid to practice yoga outside for some fresh air and a change of pace.
You Can Practice Ninja Skills Together
Obstacle courses will have your kids pumped up for fitness-oriented fun!
- Set up an indoor obstacle course with cushions and books.
- Grab some knee pads to protect your little ones from scrapes.
- Kick your obstacle course up a notch by adding some tunnels.
- Also think about buying an outdoor ninja course to get your whole family moving.
- Consider building your own backyard course for a one-of-a-kind fitness challenge.
You Can Start Swimming With Your Family
If you’re thinking of a bigger addition to your family’s fun, a swimming pool can do the trick.
- Above ground models can be some of the easiest to set up and the most affordable.
- Go over pool safety rules with your kids before they enter the water.
- Make sure you have a few pool noodles, which can be used in other ways too.
- Include fun pool games to encourage your family to splash around more.
These activities will help your family stay active and have a blast while you wait for the COVID-19 crisis to end. You can definitely do them all in or just outside of your home, which will allow you to ride things out until you can get back to your favorite yoga studio or gym.
Written By: Anya Willis
Photo Credit: Pexels